Here's my deal. Mick Jagger. Not Mick Jagger himself, but the recent songs about him. Not that I have a problem with this. The Rolling Stones is one of my favorite bands. What I need is a little clarification. Here are the lyrics I speak of:
Ke$ha:
"And now, the dudes are lining up cause they hear we got swagger
But we kick em to the curb unless they look like Mick Jagger"
Maroon 5:
"All the moves like Jagger. I've got the moves like Jagger. I've got the moves like Jagger"
Now, the clarification that I am looking for is this; are we talking 1960's Mick Jagger or current Mick Jagger. We'll start with the Ke-dollar sign-ha song. She claims that she'll kick a dude to the curb unless he looks like Mick Jagger. Here is a picture of Mick Jagger from 1965:
Not too shabby. Yes, I can see how, if a dude approached you in a club looking like Mick Jagger, you would decline from kicking him to the curb. Now, Mick Jagger 2011:
This, my friends, may be a different story...
Moving on to Maroon 5. Adam Levine claims that he'll show you his moves like Jagger. Let's examine some videos of Jagger's moves. 1967:
I can see how Adam Levine thinks he may have moves like Mick Jagger. 2011:
Ok, so he still has some moves, but he is moving a lot slower than he used to.
The point is, just let me know which one you're talking about. I mean, maybe Ke$ha really likes old guys. Who knows? And possibly Adam Levine makes love like a mummy and his ladies love it. Who am I to judge. Let's just be a bit more clear in the future.
Crandall out.


No comments:
Post a Comment