16 April 2012

Remembering

I've been wanting to blog for a month now, but just couldn't bring myself to do it. I gotta tell ya, this last month has been very bittersweet. On March 12 my beautiful friend, Heather, left us to go live in heaven. 2 days later was my birthday. Saturday, April 14th was Heathers birthday. 2 days later, today, I remember my friends, Nino and Guiseppe, who went to go live in heaven 8 years ago. In the middle of all this I landed and incredible job in San Francisco for 4 months. Like I said, bittersweet. But I do not ask for sympathy. I am taking this moment to remember my dear friends. And, to be perfectly honest, a little bit jealous that they all get to hang out in heaven now. The boys never knew Heather, but I know they must be BFF's by now. 


This is Heather, with a peanut up her nose, at a Cardinals game exactly 2 years ago. I remember this day so vividly. Not only did we just celebrate her 40th birthday, it was the 6 year anniversary of Nino and Guiseppe's exit. I remember it so well because it was the first year that I did not cry. We had such a fun time at the game and then after that I had no reason to cry. Thank you Heather. 

I admit that I am not crying about Nino and Guiseppe, but I do still cry about Heather. It is still a fresh wound and it will take some time. 

I am a truly blessed woman to have known all 3 of these incredible people in my lifetime. I really couldn't be an luckier. So, today I remember my friends. I remember their love. I remember their laughter. I remember all the times we cried together. All the times we laughed together. All the conversations that we had. And all of the great advice that was given. 

I love you all so dearly and miss you more than I can explain. Thank you for everything that you were to me. Hold your loved ones close because you never know when you won't have the chance again. Tell them you love them everyday, because someday you might not get to. 


Exactly 1 week after Nino and Guiseppe left, I was working as a hostess. An old man came up to me on his way out. Didn't say anything. I'd never seen him before. He simply handed me this card and walked out. I've never seen him since. 

I believe this everyday. No matter how angry I get, these words could not be more true. 

I'll leave you with a picture of the boys. I must admit, I stole it from their mom's fb page, but I'm sure she won't mind. :) Love you Cindi!


No comments:

Post a Comment