11 September 2015

Breaking Bread or Go Dog Go

Fall has almost officially reached Macon. I just got back from a gorgeous run and promptly opened every window in the house. It's fantastic. Slept in a little and went on a later run through a different part of town. Got lost A LOT. Evidently, they just like to end roads out here. Huh. So after a few attempts at going on side streets, I ran up to the main street (remember, not Main, Missouri St.) but as it turns out, there are no sidewalks. So I turned around and got lost some more. My 3.2 mile run took me 37 min. Yeesh! Anyway, in the last mile there was a guy sitting on his front porch (classic) with 3 bulldogs and 1 boxer. The littlest bulldog ran out into the street and just laid down, belly up, right in front of me. I laughed so hard and stopped to give him the belly rub he so badly was craving. The boxer joined in as well, but the other 2 bulldogs stayed on the porch. The guy never said a word but smiled and waved as I said thank you and ran off. A little ways further down I saw 3 goats just nibbling away at some grass. They heard me coming and ran off. Good country run today.

The theatre is 2 stop signs from my house and the rehearsal hall is 1 more further. After our dinner break yesterday I decided to walk back to the rehearsal hall (Yes...I was driving before. Stop judging.) Here are some things I saw on my 3 block walk. 3 blocks.


This is my front yard. I guess they just got tired.


Hey chicken. Say hello to ya mutha for me. (10 pts to whoever gets that reference)


Dear dogs, you live IN the house not ON the house. And we say dogs are so smart.


Literally.

Rumor has it, there's a stalk of corn growing out of the roof on the building next to our rehearsal space. I'll find out for sure today. I really do need to take more pictures, but part of me feels bad. I don't want anyone to think I'm making fun of them, even though I totally am.

So here are a few things I've learned in the last 24 hours:

1. Everyone waves at everyone. And it the classic, left hand on the wheel, just hold 2 fingers up wave. 

2. One of my actors is Ross Geller. No, for reals, she teaches paleontology at a children's history museum in Indianapolis. Pretty cool! I'm gonna look up random things to ask her. We'll see how good she really is...(maniacally laughing and twirling mustache)

3. Another actor plus our director are from Kansas City. Super! Get me some connections! LOL. Just kidding. But, no, make it happen.

4. Let's get back to the bugs. I seriously hope the temperature drops drastically soon because I am OVER IT. It is a very well known fact that I have the amazing ability to always find cobwebs. Seriously, just always walk behind me, I'll take care of it. Small town is no exception. However, the FN cobwebs out here are the size of mother flipping YARN! UGH. So then I constantly feel like I have bugs crawling all over all day long. 

5. Stage Management 101: you can never have too many things to write on or with. Case in point:


Yes. This is seriously what me desk looks like. I'm surprised there was only 1 post-it note pad out. 

Until tomorrow. Ciao!




No comments:

Post a Comment