18 September 2015

So Fell Autumn Rain

Not too much to report. It's been kind of a quiet week. I guess that's to be expected in a small town. Here's what I've learned/seen the last few days:

1. There are 2 grocery stores. One of them consistently smells like urine and fried chicken. Not a pleasurable aroma. However, they have good produce. Dilemma's, dilemma's. 

2. My first trip to the other grocery store was at 9:30pm on a Tuesday. The only other people in there was a guy and a girl. They were in line in front of me. The guy was wearing a leather jacket. I thought this was odd, seeing as how it was NOT cold outside. Whatever. I check out and head out to my car. The couple is parked next to me and the guy is now completely topless. Now this makes sense. You can't go into a store without a shirt on, or a leather jacket. But, dammit, you'd better get that shit off ASAP when you get outside! Can't be driving around all restricted by clothing! 
My second trip to this grocery store gave me my very first Amish car siting, aka horse and carriage. Not surprised, but not was I was expecting to see. Huh. 



I rolled into Macon on Sept. 8th with a quarter tank of gas. It is Sept. 18th and this is where my gauge is. Nice.


This is me, walking to work and jamming out to some Stevie Wonder.


Rehearsal space and the wall of broken mirrors.


ME!


Our Artistic Director's mom made us all cake! Yaaasss.


Mid-Missouruh storms are pretty bad ass. Waiting for another one to roll in now. This might be one of those occasions where I might actually be scared of a tornado, doesn't happen too often. #kansasgirl


46 days until Kansas basketball starts! ROCK CHALK!


3. I'm coming back to KC late Sunday night through Tuesday morning, no I do not want to make plans with you. Sorry, I have 24 hrs and plans already. XOXOXO everyone. However, I am STOKED to be going home even if it's for 24hrs. I am desperately missing stupid things like Trader Joes, Target, Walgreens, tall buildings, civilization. LOL. I kid. But seriously, 3 more days.

4. I am also very thankful for what I have right now. I was happy when I came back home in June and started over. I was thankful to get a bar job so quickly. I was thankful for meeting new people and creating new relationships. Now that I am doing what I've trained for and LOVE doing, it just makes me all the more happy to be where I am in life. And after the year I've been through, this happiness is welcome graciously and with open arms. Nothing brings me greater joy than doing what I love, even if it's in the middle of nowhere. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment